Friday, July 9, 2021

my song and yours

this is my song, o God of all the nations/ a song of peace for lands afar and mine/ this is my home, the country where my heart is/ here are my hopes, my dreams, my holy shrine/ but other hearts in other lands are beating/ with hopes and dreams as true and high as mine/ my country's skies are bluer than the ocean/ and sunlight beams on cloverleaf and pine/ but other lands have sunlight too and clover/ and skies are everywhere as blue as mine/ oh, hear my song, o God of all the nations/ a song of peace for their land and for mine. - lloyd stone

thinking of current affairs and feeling bleah. :(

for an amputated survey, consider china - usa - russia - uk - malaysia - israel - vaccine idiocy - conspiracy theories - myanmar - india - huawei - you name it. so many good intentions gone astray. it's enough to make a girl give up on reading the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment